Help us recognize the outstanding individuals who have contributed to NYSAWA’s mission and goals at the 2016 NYSAWA Annual Conference: Strengthening Leadership Through Reflective Practice, July 12-13 at The Nassau BOCES, Robert E. Lupinskie Center, 1 Merrick Avenue, Westbury, NY
Nominate your colleague for any of the awards outlined below:
The Ann Myers Award
Recognizes individual commitment and expertise in mentoring educational leaders and generously sharing his or her time and wisdom with prospective administrators. This award is named after NYSAWA’s founding chairperson.
The Amy Bull Crist Award
For a superintendent who supports leadership development of women and girls and models the NYSAWA mission. This award is named after the first woman district superintendent in NYS.
The Jane Bullowa Award
For individuals who have made significant contributions within their own specific field, supported the advancement of women in educational leadership and continue to champion the NYSAWA Mission.
The Linda Tinelli Sheive Award
For a person with vision to innovate, to bring about change based on what can be rather than what was or what is; for a person with perseverance to overcome hurdles, both personal and professional, to achieve his/her vision. This award is named after NYSAWA’s previous executive director.
The Maxine Giacobbe Award
For those who demonstrate exceptional work with children from diverse populations, including children of color, to reduce gender inequities and promote outstanding achievement. This award is named after NYSAWA’s first executive director.
- Those nominated cannot presently be a State NYSAWA Board Member.
- Attach a statement of support and any additional background information available; no more than four pages total.
- Please refrain from informing the candidate of the nomination. You will be notified if your nominee is selected for the award so that plans can be made to attend the conference. We will also notify all nominators regarding the final status of their nomination.
- Award winners and nominators must be able to be present at the Awards Ceremony Dinner, Tuesday, July 12, 2016, 6:30-8:30 p.m. at The Long Island Marriott Hotel, 101 James Doolittle Blvd., Uniondale, NY 11553.
- Cost of two-day conference (July 12th, 13th) is $225; Cost of Awards Dinner only (July 12th) is $75. Accommodations at the L.I. Marriott, NYSAWA rate, $150; Phone (516) 794-3800.